It’s no secret that my S14 is being neglected. It was taken off the road for the winter in October 2012, and since that point it hasn’t been put back on. This is for a number of reasons:
- The first is the fact that I am so busy with work and Drifted, that I don’t have the time that I’d like to dedicate to the car.
- The second, is cash. Running old Japanese cars is expensive!
- The third is the fact that until the car is perfect, I will never be truly satisfied driving it.
There are a number of issues I’d really love to fix, and even when the car is 95% awesome, I still have the other 5% at the back of my mind. I can appreciate and rough and ready track or drift car, but IMO street cars should be factory-clean. As such, I don’t believe the car will be properly back on the road until it’s stripped down and built back up from the chassis. This will be a time consuming process, but hopefully worth it.
The car fired up first time (thanks trickle charger), and seemed appreciative to be pulled out the garage and see some sunlight! The Work Meisters are waiting for new tyres, hence the car sitting on its spare enkeis.